Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Monthly Meeting - March

I, Denise, helped two people remember how to spin on a drop spindle. Their efforts were fantastic! It didn't take them long to get the hang of it again and get into the groove. Part of the process is pre-drafting the fibers so it is easier to spin. With time, they may or may not need to do this. With compacted fibers, it is always wise to do so.

Cosy showed us her double-knitted bookmarks she is knitting. She teaches classes. Excellent artistry. I didn't get photos, but will next time.

Dawn brought in her crocheted afghan. She has bobbles and cables on it. The cables are single crochet. They look cool.

I was lucky to try and model Lisa's shawl. It is soft and snuggly. I really didn't want to give it back. My dog Max is in the foreground.

My cat Ginger helped me knit. I was working on simple dishrags that day. Her "assistance" is invaluable, as you can see.

Carol worked on her knitting, Marion brought her "Wee Peggy" wheel and spun up some beautiful roving.

We're thinking of having a natural dyeing outing during the summer. I've located some noxious dye weeds with help from the Weed & Mosquito Department. They bloom did to late summer.

My other cat Gracie did not appear until the end. She rules the house, but is fearful of strangers. This is a photo of her favorite activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment