Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Dyeing Adventure (Denise)

The date's been set for July 24th for our painted yarn and roving adventure.

We'll start around 10'ish and use this lovely, yet primitive, solar oven to set the dye.

The oven works pretty well. In a test run in the evening, the temperature rose from 80 to 136 in 20 minutes. It topped out at 136. I'll spray paint the top black to help. I'll make a test run this week.

People need to bring around 4 oz of their favorite protein yarn or roving for painting. We'll use Kool-Aid or similar drink-ade for dyeing. Brand will not matter. Pick up 4 to 6 packages of 2-4 harmonious colors.

I asked my scientist husband and kids to do so...I'll live with their choices. Let's just say it's interesting. It'll work. I know who chose what colors.

We'll have plastic wrap, sponge brushes, cups, and vinegar.

No comments:

Post a Comment