Sunday, May 23, 2010

Strut Your Mutt Fundraiser (Denise)

This fundraiser forStrut Your Mutt the Great Falls Animal Foundation went well, despite the rain. They raised over $8,800 towards a new animal shelter and the free spay and neuter clinic "Spay of the Falls." (Thanks to the SYM people for helping me set up my tent.)

Thanks to Susan, her husband Odin, Lisa, and Dawn, and Marilyn and her husband David to coming to the event to spin, and lend moral support on the cold, wet day. We had fun, ate well (quiche, oops egg pie, tomatoes and fresh bread), answered questions, and laughed.

I have one Tribune Photo (more event photos here) of me spinning Bouvier des Flandres and Shetland sheep blend. Lisa supplied the fiber. She flicked and carded. I spun. Susan spun up her sea green tencil/mohair blend.

Flicking helps clean out any vegetable matter and dirt. Carding helps organized the fibers so it is easier and faster to spin into a smooth yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment